Kolkata sex com
Under the company rule, and later under the British Raj, Calcutta served as the capital of British-held territories in India until 1911, when its perceived geographical disadvantages, combined with growing nationalism in Bengal, led to a shift of the capital to New Delhi.
In 1793 the East India company was strong enough to abolish Nizamat (local rule), and assumed full sovereignty of the region.The city underwent rapid industrial growth starting in the early 1850s, especially in the textile and jute industries; this encouraged British companies to massively invest in infrastructure projects, which included telegraph connections and Howrah railway station.The coalescence of British and Indian culture resulted in the emergence of a new babu class of urbane Indians, whose members were often bureaucrats, professionals, newspaper readers, and Anglophiles; they usually belonged to upper-caste Hindu communities.Following Indian independence in 1947, Kolkata, which was once the centre of modern Indian education, science, culture, and politics, suffered several decades of economic stagnation.As a nucleus of the 19th- and early 20th-century Bengal Renaissance and a religiously and ethnically diverse centre of culture in Bengal and India, Kolkata has local traditions in drama, art, film, theatre, and literature.The Nawab of Bengal, Siraj ud-Daulah, condemned the militarisation and tax evasion by the company.
His warning went unheeded, and the Nawab attacked; he captured Fort William which led to the killings of several East India company officials in the Black Hole of Calcutta.
Calcutta continued to be a centre for revolutionary organisations associated with the Indian independence movement.
The city and its port were bombed several times by the Japanese between 19, during World War II.
Kalikata was a fishing village; Sutanuti was a riverside weavers' village.
They were part of an estate belonging to the Mughal emperor; the jagirdari (a land grant bestowed by a king on his noblemen) taxation rights to the villages were held by the Sabarna Roy Choudhury family of landowners, or zamindars.
In the early 19th century, the marshes surrounding the city were drained; the government area was laid out along the banks of the Hooghly River.